Faustus Essays: Goethe Philosophy
Whether you are writing a Goethe philosophy paper on Faustus or anything else, if you follow some simple steps then this task is easily accomplished.
- The first step in any essay is to get your topic. It can start out being something broad like Faustus.
- The next step is to narrow the topic down into something more focused like the influence that Faustus had over Goethe philosophy. Where would it have been without him?
- Once you have that done you can make your thesis statement. This will be what you are trying to prove through the course of the essay.
- Your outline should come next. It should have the thesis statement at the top and each point you will make should have its own bullet point. The last part should be your summation and the last page should be the reference page.
- Your research should come now. Research each bullet point one at a time so that you are not overwhelmed. Take copious notes and remember to write down each source that you use.
- Take all of your research and put it into clear and meaningful sentences for each bullet point. If your outline is a great one then it will be like you are just filling in the blanks.
- Make the very last page of the essay a reference page. Here is where you will list every single source that you used. This may be the most important part of the entire paper. Without it you could fail and suffer many other consequences as a result.
- Proofread the paper. Look for spelling and grammatical errors along with anything that just doesn’t look or sound right.
- Correct any and all errors that you found.
- Read through it again and make sure that everything is perfect before you save it to your hard drive.
- Print out a hard copy to hand in to your instructor.
If you follow the steps here and break everything down to where you are doing one step a day, this is not as overwhelming of a task as you might think when it is first assigned to you. This can be accomplished with ease if you simply follow the steps. All of the information is right there in the research, you just have to find it and incorporate it into your paper. By following these steps and remembering to cite everything you are sure to get a great grade on this essay.